Staying up-to-date on your immunizations is one of the easier choices to staying healthy. Your Drug World Pharmacist is trained and certified to administer specific immunizations on-site at the pharmacy.
No appointment is needed and most insurance plans are accepted, including Medicare Part B and Medicare Part D.
2018 Flu Season Update
Pharmacists are able to administer flu vaccines to children ages 2 to 18 under an executive order signed by governor Andrew M. Cuomo. Public health officials are encouraging parents to call pharmacies to schedule a visit. However, they urged parents and guardians with very young children between the ages of 6 months and 24 months to see their primary care physicians for the vaccination.
Your Drug world Pharmacists are able to immunize using the following vaccines:
- FLU – High Dose for Seniors and Quadrivalent for all others (only for ages 2 and older) More Info
- MENINGITIS - Age 18 and above
- PNEUMONIA - Age 18 and above
- SHINGLES – Age 50 and older More Info
- TETANUS, DIPTHERIA, and PERTUSSIS – Age 18 and above.